San Jose Burn Injury Attorney
Burns can happen at home, at work, or in a motor vehicle accident. They can escalate from first degree to third degree in seconds, and scar the victim for life. Burns often cause permanent scarring, disfigurement, and sometimes amputations. Burn survivors may require thousands of dollars in surgeries, skin grafts, and medical care. They may also need weeks or months of physical rehabilitation, on top of therapy to treat the psychological effects of a traumatic burn experience. Such serious injuries deserve attention from aggressive San Jose burn injury attorneys, like those at Henshaw Law Office in California.
Who Is Liable for Your Burn Injury?
The party that may be liable for your burn injuries depends on the circumstances of your incident. The team of San Jose burn injury lawyers at Henshaw Law Office has the resources to thoroughly investigate your accident and help you identify the party or parties that contributed to your burns. We’ve seen a number of different defendants in burn injury cases; often more than one in a single case. The following are potential defendants in a burn injury claim:
- Product manufacturer. Did a household appliance, children’s toy, hair styling equipment, electrical product, chemical cleaner, vehicle part, or other product cause your burns? If the item is dangerous or defective, you may have a claim against the manufacturer or distributor.
- Employer. If your burn injury happened in the workplace, talk to our lawyers before you file a workers’ compensation claim. An act of negligence by your employer, such as failing to give you the proper safety equipment, may have contributed. Before you give up the right to sue your employer with a workers’ comp claim, talk to us.
- Driver. Burn injuries that happen in serious car accidents qualify as real, compensable damages in a subsequent personal injury claim. Another driver may be liable for your burn injuries if this is the case. An entity may also be liable if a company vehicle or employee caused the crash.
- The City of San Jose. If you suffered burns on public property, or because of a government employee or system (e.g., in a car accident with a city bus), you may have a claim against the City of San Jose. Claims against the government can be complex, and have strict deadlines a lawyer can help you meet.
- Utility company. The San Jose and San Francisco Bay Area recently experienced terrible wildfires. There is a chance that the utility company, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) is responsible for starting these wildfires. If this is how you or a loved one sustained burns, you may be able to join a class action against the company for compensation.
How Our San Jose Burn Injury Lawyers Can Help
Henshaw Law Office can handle any type of claim your burn injuries demand for maximum compensation. No matter who we need to contact or what steps we need to take, our burn injury lawyers in San Jose will get it done in a timely manner for the most efficient legal process possible. We will be with your family every step of the way. From the initial filing of the claim to the final settlement or verdict agreement, our lawyers will be by your side. To find out what your burn injury claim could be worth, contact our burn injury lawyers online or call (408) 599-1305.